This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
With my free cloud template, you can easily print out the perfect cloud shape for whatever crafting project you want to make with your kids.
Clouds are one of nature’s most fascinating phenomena – delicate, fluffy shapes that drift across the sky, morphing constantly into new designs. They’ve always been a source of fascination for people of all ages, and what better way to add a touch of whimsy to your day than with a free printable cloud template?
To help teach kids how to draw clouds and use clouds in an artwork, we’ve created this free printable PDF template. It includes six basic cloud shapes that kids can use to glue onto their artwork or crafts.
Feel free to be creative and have fun with this cloud template! Use it to practice drawing clouds or help kids create a beautiful artwork. Have your children cut out the shapes, glue them on a canvas, and color them in any way they like.
Materials You Need for This Template
To use this template, you’ll need a few basic materials:
- Paper (preferably thicker paper)
- Ruler (optional)
To design a landscape or other artwork with clouds, you’ll also need some colored pencils, markers, or paints. For crafting projects, you’ll also need some glue and scissors and perhaps some fabric or other materials.
Instructions for Using the Cloud Template
- Print out the template on a piece of paper. You can print as many copies as you’d like.
- Cut out each of the cloud shapes.
- You can also draw them onto the paper if you like. Use a pencil and ruler to trace each cloud shape onto another piece of paper. This will help you get the basic shapes down.
Ideas for Your Cloud Template
Once you have the basic shapes down, there are lots of ways to use them in your artwork! Here are just a few ideas:
- Create a landscape with houses and trees using the cloud shapes.
- Fill each cloud shape with a different color to create rainbow clouds.
- Add some details to the clouds, like raindrops or shapes.
- Use the cloud shapes as a background for your artwork.
- Be crafty and use the clouds as stencils for a pillow or other fabric project.
The sky is the limit when it comes to crafting with cloud templates. Here are a few ideas:
- Create a card for someone special using the cloud shapes as decorations.
- Use the clouds to create a bookmark or journal cover.
- Cut out the clouds and use them as stencils to paint patterns on fabric.
- Glue the cloud shapes onto a piece of wood and hang it as wall decor.
- Cut out the clouds and glue them onto a canvas for 3D art.
- Create a cloud mobile with colorful strings of paper clouds.
You can also use the template to help kids learn more about the weather. Here are a few ideas:
- Learn about the different cloud types and use the template as a basis to draw each one.
- Study the different types of rain, snow, and hail and draw them in the cloud shapes.
- Use the template to study changes in the weather over time.
- Draw a timeline of different weather events and how the clouds changed throughout.
Can I use the cloud template for any project?
Yes, you can use this template to create artwork, crafts, and science projects.
What type of paper should I use?
We recommend using thicker paper, like heavy weight or cardstock, for your cloud template. This will make it easier to cut out the shapes without the risk of tearing.
How do I add details to the clouds?
You can use colored pencils, markers, or paints to add details to your clouds. You can also use other materials like glitter or sequins to give them a unique look.
Why is the template not printing out correctly?
Make sure you have the correct printer settings such as paper size and orientation. If the issue persists, try printing it out on a different printer.