This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
I’ve always been a quesadilla lover. At restaurants, I jumped on the veggie ones available and found they never failed. I never understood how they could get them so crispy until now.
These cheesy quesadillas bring together your favorite ingredients so you can have a quick family dinner. No picky eaters here! Each quesadilla can be custom to the person eating it.
I recommend buying a big pack of tortilla wraps. We buy the Wegmans family pack. It comes with 16 tortillas, enough for 3 nights of cheesy quesadillas for our family of 3. They don’t expire for about 3-4 weeks after purchasing, so that’s 3 our 28 nights of meal planning done! If you haven’t read my Meal Planning for the Busy Mama, check it out now.
Easy Cheesy Quesadillas
Heat an 8-inch or larger pan to medium heat. If your tortilla wraps are bigger than 8 inches, you will need a bigger pan.
Butter one side of each tortilla. You will need 2 tortillas per person. My daughter is only 2, so she eats half a quesadilla a night.
Place the tortilla butter side down on the pan and add Mexican cheese. Place additional desired ingredients on quesadilla. My husband loves jalapeños in his and I like sautéed peppers and onions in mine when we have some leftover. My daughter eats them plain with just a lot of cheese, hence the name cheesy quesadillas!
Place second tortilla wrap on top with buttered side facing out. Let quesadilla cook until golden brown and then flip, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat on other side.
I love to get dinner ready as fast as possible to have more time with my family. I will butter each tortilla as I go to get them cooking faster and pair it with a side of frozen vegetables, like edamame. It ensures I have dinner on the table within 20 minutes with little clean up.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Change it up and try adding these ingredients to your cheesy quesadillas:
- Cream cheese
- Peppers and onions
- A few sprinkles of dried cilantro (or fresh)
- Chicken BBQ
- Avocado and Kale
- Mozzarella cheese and garlic
- 8 Tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter/margarine
- salsa + sour cream to serve
- Heat an 8-inch or larger pan to medium heat. If your tortilla wraps are bigger than 8 inches, you will need a bigger pan.
- Butter one side of each tortilla.
- Place the tortilla butter side down on the pan and add Mexican cheese. Put additional desired ingredients on quesadilla
- Place second tortilla wrap on top with buttered side facing out. Let quesadilla cook until golden brown and then flip, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat on other side.
- Serve immediately with salsa and sour cream.
Try changing up your quesadillas with the following:
Cream cheese, peppers and onions, a few sprinkles of dried cilantro (or fresh), jalapeños, chicken BBQ, mushrooms, avocado and kale, mozzarella cheese and garlic
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 718mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g