This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Autumn Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread – I’m always on the search for something fun and festive each holiday. Pair that with something a 2-year-old will eat and it can be nearly impossible.
This season I decided to put together a pumpkin-shaped bread filled with ooey gooey cheese. It’s so easy to make as a weeknight side dish or have as Halloween bread or at Thanksgiving.
Everyone will think you put so much effort into making it, but you’ll know the truth. It will be done within 30 minutes.
Pull-Apart Bread Pizza
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I like to mist it with some vegetable oil using my Oil Mister. It’s just much healthier for you than using Pam type sprays.
Start by opening 2 cans of Crescent rolls and gently splitting them apart to their triangle normal shape. Take each triangle and cut it half longways. You will now be left with 32 thin triangles.
Don’t worry if any are a little bigger than others. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
Now take your 7 pieces of string cheese and cut them into 5 equal pieces each.
I recommend freezing them for at least an hour ahead of time, but it’s not required. I like to put them in the freezer the night before or that morning so I don’t forget.
Freezing them will help the cheese keep its shape longer, which creates less of a chance the cheese will ooze out the sides.
If the string cheese is too tough to cut frozen, wait 5 minutes and try again.
How to Stuff the Pull-Apart Bread
Take one crescent roll and place it on a flat surface. Put one small piece of string cheese on the wider edge side.
Start by rolling the wider edge side with the string cheese attached to the more narrow side (just like you were making the crescent rolls normally).
Once rolled, fold the outsides down and cover any holes to keep the cheese in. Set aside and complete with the remaining 31 pieces. You will have a few extra small string cheese pieces just because of how math works.
Use the below picture to help you place the crescent rolls into the pumpkin-shaped bread.
Honestly, you can make any shape you want or even set them in a small cake pan next to each other if you prefer no shape. Shapes just make everything look a little tastier if you have kids.
Baking the Pumpkin Shaped Bread
Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. Keep checking the bottoms to make sure they aren’t getting too dark.
Once done, remove from oven and melt the butter in a microwave. Spread over the top of the rolls using a basting brush. I love this one here. Those things are a game-changer for spreading butter, sauces, and oil.
Take your Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the top.
Serve warm with pizza sauce and enjoy!
- 2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
- 7 pieces frozen string cheese*
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open 2 cans of Crescent rolls and gently split them apart to their triangle normal shape. Take each triangle and cut it half longways.
- Cut eat string cheese into 5 equal pieces
- Take one crescent roll and place it on a flat surface. Put one small piece of string cheese on the wider edge side. Roll the wider edge side with the string cheese attached to the more narrow side (just like you were making the crescent rolls normally).
- Fold the outsides down and cover any holes to keep the cheese in. Set aside and complete with the remaining 31 pieces.
- Shape into pumpkin shape using picture above in post.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. Keep checking the bottoms to make sure they aren't getting too dark.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
I recommend freezing the string cheese for at least an hour, but you can also keep it in the freezer overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 20g