This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Gnocchi is a small dumpling made out of potato dough. Despite being made from potatoes, it is very similar to that of pasta, but with more of a thicker, chewier texture.
It is a very underrated Italian dish and is typically made by boiling in water and then draining, like pasta.
I love how easy this recipe was. When I first made fried gnocchi, it took forever to get the oil to the correct temperature and everything tasted soggy.
I was excited to try this out in an air fryer to create a crisp outside but still softer on the inside.
Looking for an Air Fryer Cookbook? Check out the best ones here!
How to Make Air Fried Crispy Gnocchi
Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F for 1-2 minutes. This step is optional, but I love knowing the fryer is already hot when I place my food in it.
I use this time to coat my food and finish preparing it to be cooked.
Put the gnocchi in a bowl and toss with 1-2 TBSP oil. I used vegetable oil for mine, but olive oil can be used since this cooks at a lower temperature.
Place gnocchi in the fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes until some parts are starting to turn a golden brown. I recommend shaking the basket every few minutes to ensure everything cooks evenly.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in multiple batches. For more information as to why view this post.
If you notice your gnocchi looking a little on the dry side, spritz it with oil using a Misto olive oil sprayer. This will bring moisture back in.
Once the gnocchi is cooked, place it on a serving tray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I sprayed mine with a little bit of olive oil using this oil misting spray before adding the cheese to allow it to stick better.
Serve immediately with a marinara as a dipping sauce. A nice baguette goes nicely with this dinner as well.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- 12 ounces frozen gnocchi
- 1-2 Tablespoons oil
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 1-2 minutes.
- Put gnocchi in a bowl and toss with 1-2 TBSP oil. You can use olive oil, vegetable oil, or any other oil you prefer (no coconut).
- Place gnocchi in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes until parts are starting to turn a golden brown. Shake the basket every few minutes to allow an even cooking.
- Remove gnocchi from air fryer and place on serving tray. Spray top of gnocchi with a little bit of oil (optional) and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve immediately with marinara on the side as a dipping sauce.
I do not recommend this recipe without oil as the gnocchi may become hard and dry without it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 267 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 232mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g