This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
I’ve been looking for ways to vary the protein we use in our meals. I recently came across a stroganoff recipe with beef tips and then found that Gardein makes a meatless version.
I was tempted to give it a try and put my own spin on it. My favorite part about this recipe is you can make it your own depending on what kind of beef tip you use or gravy you prefer.
How to Make the Stroganoff
Start by putting a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Cook the egg noodles according to directions.
Next place 1 Tablespoon of oil in a skillet then cook your Gardein Beefless Tips. You can use any other brand you have or you can also use actual Beef Tips if you’re not vegetarian. Cook according to package directions.
If you’re using Gardein, cook in skillet for about 10-15 minutes turning every few minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
This was my first time trying out the Beefless Tips and my entire family really enjoyed them! My husband isn’t much for alternative meat options, but he preferred the texture of these to true beef. My 2-year-old fussy eater also ate them up.
Put the gravy in a bowl and microwave per instructions. I always loved gravy growing up and have missed it since becoming a vegetarian 15 years ago. I recently found mushroom gravy as an alternative option and am obsessed!
The presentation of this works best when you prepare each plate and place it on the table. Use the order egg noodles, beefless tips, and cover both with the gravy.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Beef Tips?
- 1 package Gardein Beefless Tips (or actual Beef Tips)
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans mushroom gravy
- 1 Tablespoon oil (olive or vegetable oil)
- Place a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Cook egg noodles according to directions and drain.
- Put 1 Tablespoon oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook beefless tips according to directions (165 degrees).
- Place gravy in a bowl and microwave per directions.
- Create each plate by placing egg noodles, then beef tips, then top with desired amount of gravy.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g